COME DANCE WITH US AT DUBASOV DANCE & WELLNESS!
We are a studio dedicated to providing quality dance, movement and yoga programs to children, youth and adults with special needs. We could not provide our programs without the support of our dedicated, passionate volunteers. We are continually seeking enthusiastic, energetic, committed members to join our team!
Experience not required. Dance or experience with special needs considered an asset.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for our Fall, Winter and Spring sessions. Daytime, evening and weekend hours available.
- 15 years of age or older
- Completed Police Information Check, Volunteer Information, Waiver and Confidentiality forms
- Attend all volunteer orientations, trainings and performances as scheduled
- Have fun sharing in movement, dance and music with others
- Meet like-minded individuals and form relationships with peers, children and families
- Gain valuable work experience
- Experience interacting and engaging with a diverse population
- Opportunities for paid positions through commitment to the program
- Training and workshops in the field of special needs and movement
- Support the student(s) you are paired with in their scheduled dance, yoga or movement class
- Provide physical, verbal and visual support based on the student(s) needs. This may include assisting a student in transitions from their mobility device, offering visual and verbal assistance to children who are visually impaired, or redirecting and supporting students with regulation, sensory or behaviour challenges
- Assist teachers and assistants with set up and take down of props and activities
- Wear appropriate attire for dance, movement and assisting those with physical needs
- Demonstrate compassion, commitment and patience with our students and their needs
- Participate in our annual showcase and additional performances throughout the year
- Create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for all children, families and team members
Please send your resume and inquiries to email@example.com
WHAT VOLUNTEERS ARE SAYING
It has brought me so much joy, excitement and confidence thar I never knew I had. People always say to me, ‘You volunteer all day on Saturdays, or you took a week off to volunteer?’. I can’t even begin to explain to them how great of an organization I am part of. I feel blessed to have stumbled upon your advertisement.
I had a truly amazing experience helping out at Dubasov the past couple months, I’ve learned so much and have had such an enjoyable time. Everyone has made such a positive impact on my life, and I’m so thankful I got to share the time with some lovely individuals.
Thank you so much for this opportunity. I’m so glad that I took part in such an experience, and got to meet some really sweet children. It really puts your life in perspective, how lucky some of us may be, but these kids that I hung out last night, really touched me. I had a very interesting friend in elelmentary school who had Down Syndrome, which made life in school very difficult for him. But one day, I reached out to him, and we were friends for a long while. Sadly, he passed away, and it really hit me hard. The children that I hung out with last night reminded me of those days with my friend. This experience has filled me with a sense of fulfillment. So, I am fully on board, and I will dedicate as much time as I possibly can. If you need me for any session, I’m there. So in conclusion, I am grateful for this opportunity, and I will continue to brighten up a child’s day for as long as my time with Dubasov Dance and Wellness is. Once again, thank you :)
I started volunteering after watching my niece in the program and how she lights up when she arrives at the studio. I look forward to my Saturday mornings and know the will be filled with smiless and fun. The parents and Miss Telisa are often thanking the volunteers but I feel like I should be thanking them for allowing me the opportunity to work with these wonderful children who are definitely changing my life for the better. The studio creates a great opportunity for the families as well as the volunteers. I truly feel like I’m part of something special.